Health Benefits

Extended Health

Extended Health benefits are designed to help you pay for specified medical services and supplies, incurred by you and your eligible dependents, when not provided under a government health plan or by a tax supported agency. Some of these covered expenses may include:

For a full list of what is covered, please refer to the Extended Health Benefits section of the Health Benefits Plan Booklet.

How to File a Claim

Some claims, such as prescription drug, paramedical practitioner visits or vision care expenses, may be able to be submitted directly to the Plan on your behalf so that you only have to pay your share of the cost.  Present your Member ID card to your pharmacist, optometrist or your paramedical practitioners (such as a physiotherapist) at the time of your next visit.

If you paid the full cost of your expense, you can submit your receipt for reimbursement, either:

  • through the D.A. Townley My Claims portal or mobile app. If you have not yet registered, do it today!
  • using the Extended Health Benefits Claim form - The completed claim form together with copies of the receipts should be sent to the Administrator. You can do this by fax (604) 299-8136 or by email to
  • If you are coordinating the claim payment with your spouse’s health plan, you should include the primary carrier’s payment statement.

Any questions on completing the form can be directed to the Administrator.

Back to top